As most of you know, I started college one week ago. Yay me. Well there were a whole lotta people that wanted me to keep them "updated". Yes well that's all fine and dandy but a little difficult to do. So I've created this blog, not that I know how to use it really, guess I'll be learning; but anyway, I made this blog so I don't have to worry about making sure I include everyone's email address when sending out my Cait Chronicles. Also so that those of you who don't want to be bored out of your mind with my endless ranting can come and go as you please. I thought it was a brilliant idea myself. Credit goes to Alexa who's had a blog for over a year now and periodically updates and sends out emails updating people of the new posts. A quite fantastic idea. Anyway moving on to a more exciting subject.
College has been hectic if nothing else. Between attempting to figure out where my classes are, what building, what room, what time..... it's a little overwhelming. Especially when you feel like a little lost guppy swimming in a tank full of sharks. I swear everybody already knows everything! Well obviously this isn't true. There are however many other freshman that feel exactly the same way I do. I just haven't met them yet. It's hard too that I live off campus. I don't eat in the dining hall or spend all my time wandering around aimlessly. This means that I know the campus less well and also when I forget to bring a snack and I'm starving I have to figure out where the closest dining hall or vending machine is. It's a scary world I tell you. Not to mention the abundant amount of bicyclists that are here. I can understand the concept. If you ride a bike you get places faster and it's less tiring. Yes well that's most excellent except those obstacles in your path? Yeah those are called people and contrary to popular belief they're trying to get somewhere too and they really do NOT appreciate you bicyclists running into them, yelling obscene phrases at, or basically using poor cyclist etiquette or rather poor etiquette in the general sense. I have a great example for this one. I was walking to class and I'm running late. So I'm walking quickly as fast as I can with a 50 lb backpack strapped on. As I'm walking I hear a man shouting very loudly and very uh..... passionately we'll say. I turn around to see what all the commotion is about and there's a woman who's crossing the street at the exact moment that the cyclist is crossing the street perpendicular to her. So they're going to be in a head on collison if this woman keeps walking instead of stopping like he's telling her to do. Well it's Virginia love, people don't listen to other people so she keeps walking. Terrific! He runs head on into her, she falls over, the bicyclist flips over the handlebars (he's wearing a helmet) falls off the bike and continues to skid across the middle of the intersection until he's dead center. He was not a happy camper. No worries, he was fine other than a little irritated.... or rather a lot. He proceeds to cuss her out with every known word in the book while she stands there like a deer in the headlights. He probably stands there a good minute or two just screaming at the top of his lungs. Which I suppose is understandable since she could of just killed him but if it were me, I would have wanted to get out of the middle of the street first and make sure I didn't break anything. In the meantime anyone who is even close to being around heard him and is now staring with mouths agape or laughing at him. Therefore I do not ride a bike nor do I want to and I have begun a certain dislike of cyclists. Granted they're not all like that I know but they haven't disproven me yet.
Spent last night (Friday) alone and at home. I know that sounds boring but I actually chose to be there. Crazy I know. I got invited by a guy I met at orientation to go to a party with his "group" last night but knowing his group I figured it wouldn't be the best of ideas. I hung out with them last week and basically concluded that they're all a bunch of potheads with dirty humor and low morals. Don't get me wrong, they're nice people but definitely the friends you hang out with strictly on friday/saturday nights. The rest of the time I'll stick to my other group of friends who are all more school orientated and focused. Yes they may be more "boring" and less exciting, but I can deal with that.
I still have yet to memorize all the countries of the world for a quiz coming up soon. Should probably get on that, it's only 25 questions long but of course you have to know ALL of them to know which 25 he wants. So not helpful. Oh! Another thing I just thought of..... it feels like everybody smokes... but me of course. I still, unlike many, I prefer my lungs to be pink and healthy while others choose tar infested black tumor-growing lungs. Lovely image. And by default regardless of whether I'm choosing to smoke or not I have to inhale their smoke which causes a grayish tinge on my beautifully healthy lungs. It's disgusting. Also it smells like crap. That's my rant about that.
Well I'm going to sign off now before people complain about me writing a novel again. It's been fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey there!!!
I just wanted to comment on the whole smoker thing. I've noticed that tons of people smoke! I was in Calculus and this guy came in a sat behind me... OH MY GOD!!! I couldn't breath it was that bad! I had to do everything i could to keep from coughing. I even trying breathing through my hand. You could also tell whenever he breathed because it got marginally worse! I thought about it the other day, and i don't see how people do that to themselves. I mean how to you consciously inhale smoke into your lungs when you know they are supposed to be taking in fresh clean air?!?!? Well I'm all out of ranting fuel so i'll leave it at that.
It was nice reading what you've been up to :)
Timm
Hello college girl! Fun to read you blog. We are all looking forward to your next chapter. You take care now.
Gerhard
Post a Comment